Chagrin Falls Boys Baskteball

Photo courtesy of Zenith photography

CFHS varsity boys basketball played the rival Kenston Bombers away on November 29th. The Chagrin Falls Tigers get the win 48-41 getting the much needed victory and amazing way to start the season.
Senior James Kosmides who led the division in blocks last year.
“I think the basketball year has started off well, starting with a win is always good even if it is not the prettiest win,” Kosmides stated.
Chagrin started the game very well and continued to play hard despite Kenston going on a scoring run.
“The challenge we are trying to fix is consistency in games and in practice, having more consistent practices will lead to us playing more consistently in games,” Kosmides stated
Despite having challenges like all teams, the Tigers really excel at communication and team chemistry. These sets of skills have really helped Chagrin in the preseason and first game. With senior Henry Barr ready for the future of the team.
“I am super excited for the future of the team. The chemistry is out of the world and I feel like that is a huge advantage we have as on other teams,” Barr said.
A new addition to the team is sophomore Spencer Kaas. Kaas has been putting in the work this off season even playing AAU(club basketball) the whole summer.
“I have put so much effort in the off season to get the starting spot as a sophomore whether that’s coming to the gym in the summer or even right after the season is over. By putting in the work by drills or shooting,” Kaas stated.
Even though many of the players put in the work in the off season Kaas tells us that the jv and varsity basketball are very different.
“Some challenges I have faced with the new environment is the energy and the pace of the game from jv to varsity is a big jump and it’s hard to get used to it,” Kaas stated.
The Tigers have high hopes this season expecting to make a bigger run than previous years.
“I and everyone else that is a part of the team are very excited for the year, and at least districts. But bringing home a regional title is not impossible or a state title,” Kosmides stated.
Putting in the work new key players in addition to Kaas, senior Will Rossi having 100% from beyond the arc and sophomore Ryan Curtis.
“We have a lot of confidence that we can make a big run in the playoffs and our hope is to bring home some hardware. But that is not just gonna happen by luck, we have to put in a lot of work,” Barr stated.
With great leadership, amazing team chemistry, new additions to the team, and an undying willingness to win. Very little is stopping these Tigers from completing their goals.
This Wednesday your Chagrin Falls Tigers will tackle the talented boys West Geauga High School basketball team.
“I want to get payback against them,” Kosmides stated.