Lady Tigers “Fry” the Lancers at Home

Back to Article
Back to Article

Lady Tigers “Fry” the Lancers at Home

On October 21, the Chagrin Falls Lady Tigers beat the Gilmour Lancer 3-1 netting their way to the District Finals.

The girls will play the Aurora Greenmen this upcoming Thursday at Streetsboro. 

The Lady Tigers had played Gilmour earlier in the season and knew this would be a tough game for them.

Sophomore forward, Peyton Gellin understands how big of a game this was for the team.
“Gilmour had two really good center backs that made it hard to score. We had to take advantage of the set plays and could not waste any opportunity we were given,” Gellin said. 

Going into district semis, senior captain Katie Schumacher stressed the importance of playing together and at their best. 

“We knew Gilmour was a strong team, but we also knew we had to play our game. We stayed half and put our chances into the back of the net. It was a really good win and I am proud of the team. We had some players really step up and make a difference in the game,” Schumacher said. 

Now, with Gilmour behind their back, the focus is shifted to Aurora. In the days leading into the District Final, it is imperative to stay calm, and be ready.

“[We will prepare for Aurora by] staying focused in the days leading up to the game which will be a huge factor,” Schumacher said. 

Furthermore, junior goalkeeper Aerin Krebs understands how confidence and focus will help the Tigers.

“We definitely have some confidence going into Districts because of out 4-0 win over them in the regular season, however, we are not underestimating anyone in the playoffs. We are gonna go into the game rely on each other to perform as a team,” Krebs said.

Led by the CFHS Zoo, the theme was ‘chef out’. 

Senior Laney Gilmore enjoys going to all sports events and being apart of the student section. 

“The Zoo is always radiating energy and this is shown in all games, especially soccer. The chef out was super fun and being in the Zoo when goals are scored the zoo goes wild and it’s a really fun place to be during the game,” Gilmore said. 

The Zoo did not disappoint and the players could feel the energy. Sophomore forward Peyton Gellin understood how big of a game this was for the Tigers. 

“The atmosphere was awesome. Having people cheering us on really motivated us to play hard. The best part was when the student section rushed the field. The whole team is very grateful for this community,” Gellin said.

The girls will take on Aurora on October 24th at 7pm at Streetsboro High School.

Photo courtesy of Anna Gellin.