Filed under Entertainment

LaureLive Lineup Announced

In just a few months, some of music’s biggest names will arrive at Laurel School to perform for Laurel students and other local kids alike.

Starting early this summer, 25 acts will appear on Laurel School’s campus in a local festival that has been growing in popularity for the last several years. In fact, according to the News Herald, the 2016 festival welcomed 12,000 attendees, while the 2017 concerts saw around 16,000 people.

“I really like Foster the People and Fitz & the Tantrums,” said sophomore Mary Mahoney, a big music fan, citing some of this year’s headlining acts.

In addition to the two mentioned above, some of the festival highlights include X Ambassadors and Daya. The festival, which will begin on June 9 of this year, is generally very popular with many local high schoolers just starting their summer break.

“I have never been… but I know people really enjoy it,” said Mahoney, adding that she would be interested in attending based on this year’s lineup.

Another sophomore, Sophee Newbauer, is an avid music lover and echoed Mahoney’s interest in the festival.

“I have never been to LaureLive…I’ve wanted to go though,” she said, adding that she was also a Foster the People fan.

In addition to the bigger names, several other recognizable groups will be in attendance this summer. Some of these include artists like Rag’n’Bone Man, Brandi Carlile and the Cold War Kids.

“I…know a few songs by A r i z o n a, flor and Rag ‘n’ Bone Man,” Mahoney stated, further exemplifying the diversity of sounds appearing in the festival.

Newbauer found lots of familiarity with the acts appearing. She added that she had listened to such acts as the Cold War Kids, Daya and X Ambassadors in addition to some of the artists mentioned by Mahoney.

“ I have not seen any of those acts before [in concert]…[but] I wish [I had],” she said, emphasizing her anticipation of the event.

In addition to the fantastic music being displayed at the school, many local shops have the opportunity to put their names out there by hosting booths on the grounds. These booths generally hold a small selection of what the shops have to offer, allowing those in attendance at the festival to discover new products and stores.

According to Cleveland.com, the 2017 concert grounds also held nearly 70 vendor booths, as well as 13 varying food trucks, including Asian fare and vegetarian options.

Some of the vendor booths appearing at last year’s festival were from our own town, including Hedges and Sanity, while some of the food trucks appearing are fan favorites such as Barrio, Angelo’s Pizza and The Sweet Spot.

All in all, this growing event continues to draw a big crowd as it moves into its third year, appealing to new audiences of all ages.

“Seeing the artists playing this year is making me want to go,” stated Newbauer, echoing the thoughts of the many new concertgoers discovering the festival each summer.

This year’s poster for Laurel’s annual music festival showcases all the acts appearing. Courtesy of Eddie Laureno