Filed under Sports

Cavs and Celtics pull off Blockbuster Trade Including Kyrie Irving and Isaiah Thomas

The Cleveland Cavaliers trade Kyrie Irving to the Boston Celtics for Isaiah Thomas, Ante Zizic and a first and second round pick.

The Cavs and Celtics finalized the blockbuster trade featuring their all star point guards and after weeks of discussion, Irving gets his wish as he will move to Boston this season. The first round pick is from the Nets in 2018 and the second round pick is from the Heat in 2020. The trade also includes Jae Crowder and Ante Zizic.

The consensus seemed to be that the Cavs won the trade overall as Cole Weiss, junior and Celtics fan, says, “Cavs definitely won the trade because of how much the Celtics gave up.”

Duncan Taber, junior and Cavs fan, seemed to agree with Weiss that the Celtics gave up too much and the Cavs won the trade. “Cavs won the trade but they could make it even better by giving up the nets pick for another star,” says Taber.

Both Mason Bartlett, senior and Cavs superfan, and Duncan Taber agree that the Cavs may not be done trading and that they may deal the first round pick of the Nets. This will be a good pick and could get an all star for the Cavs, because, “the Nets are garbage,” which would give them a high pick.

Bartlett and Taber also agree that the Cavs could improve if they continue trading by dealing the nets 2018 pick for a star player. Taber calls it, “a good move because it would definitely increase LeBron’s chances of staying.”

The Cavs seemed to have gotten the best of the Celtics for the trade but we have yet to see who gets the better of them on October 17th as they open against each other at Quicken Loans arena.